Qualitas is committed to protecting the environment.
The highest environmental standards are implemented in all designs and procedures to ensure a clean, safe and stable environment.
Our target on every project is zero environmental incidents.
- Qualitas implements environmental policies and procedures to help minimize the impact of our operations. This includes the creation of sustainable ecosystems, the protection of wildlife and natural habitats and the improvement of the areas in which we operate. In addition to following environmental regulations, the company works individually with local communities to meet their specific environmental needs.
- Qualitas strives to ensure that environmental considerations are incorporated into a project’s early planning stages. All new Construction, Operation and Maintenance projects include up-front environmental planning elements. This may involve baseline environmental studies, formal or informal environmental impact assessments, and attendant protection plans, depending on the local environmental setting and sensitivities.
- Process and ambient monitoring is undertaken wherever required by government regulation, operating permits or licenses, or company policy. Operations data is monitored and audited to confirm our continued compliance with process limits and ambient environmental standards.
- We manage waste carefully to avoid contamination of the local environment. This involves proper handling and interim storage, recycling and reusing where feasible, and appropriate final disposal commensurate with the nature of the waste material.
- Oil, condensate, produced water, liquid fuels, and chemicals are stored securely. Storage tanks include secondary containment to limit accidental releases to the environment. We inspect our vessels and tanks regularly to confirm their integrity.
- Our regional operations maintain spill contingency plans and have access (either directly or through contractual arrangements) to spill containment and cleanup equipment, trained personnel, and other key resources.
- We safely decommission and abandon our inactive facilities according to governmental regulations, ensuring appropriate reclamation of the land surface as part of this process.