Qualitas International works in developing areas around the world. We strive to continually improve the communities in which we operate through direct involvement with the community members, utilization of local services, and support of the government with information transfer and by respecting our customer’s domestic policies.
It is our commitment to:
- Assist in increasing oil and gas production such that the revenues will benefit the country and community.
- Increase the number of meaningful jobs for Nationals, including promoting and facilitating skills, training and education within our operations and by supporting in-country training and education endeavours.
- Provide opportunity for National contractors to participate in our operations.
- Continually reduce the number of jobs in our operations that are being held by expatriates.
- Maintain recognition and respect for National labor unions.
- Transfer global technologies and expertise into the government and institutions.
- Ensure that local areas within which companies are operating are impacted positively (e.g. assistance with infrastructure such as roads, water, power, medical services) rather than negatively (heavy traffic, restrictive security / movement, general disruption, etc.).
- Provide advice and input to the government to assist their decision making with respect to exploiting reserves in a manner with maximizes the long-term returns.
- Be transparent to the government and our customers in all of the above.
- Participate in our customer’s domestic policies.
In 2004, Qualitas International participated in the construction of a 30 mmscfd refrigeration gas plant in Southern Kazakhstan. We were subsequently awarded the commissioning, start-up and long-term operations & maintenance contract. Through a commitment to jobsite training and supervision, Qualitas gradually reduced the number of ex-patriot team members down to a single Canadian in 2007. As well, we continued to support scheduled maintenance of the plant by skilled trades on short-term contracts.
Qualitas’ core values are to continually reduce the dependencies that customers have on us and to provide training for Nationals. This example proves our commitment and we were not disappointed to reduce our future revenue due to Nationalization of the project workforce.
References can be provided.